McCain® Superfries® Contest Official Rules
THE MCCAIN® SUPERFRIES® CONTEST IS INTENDED TO BE CONDUCTED IN CANADA ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND GOVERNED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE CANADIAN LAW. THE CONTEST IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF CANADA ONLY. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE AT LEAST EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. CONTEST IS VOID IN WHOLE OR PART WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (THE "CONTEST RULES").
To be eligible for this Contest, an individual must:
- Be a legal resident of Canada;
- Be at least eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry; and
- Employees of McCain Foods (Canada), a division of McCain Foods Limited (the "Sponsor"), its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, and the household members and/or the immediate family of any of the above, are not eligible to participate in the Contest. For the purpose of these Contest Rules, "immediate family" means husband, wife, spouse, mother, father, brother, sister, son and/or daughter, whether or not they reside in the same household.
Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to Sponsor for the purpose of this Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry or Entrant in its sole discretion, should any entry or Entrant at any stage contain and/or supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
2. CONTEST PERIOD.
The Contest entry period begins at 10:00AM Eastern Standard Time ("EST") on Monday, February 22nd, 2016 and ends on Thursday, June 30th, 2016 at 11:59PM Eastern Standard Time ("EST") ("Contest Period").
3. HOW TO ENTER CONTEST.
There is no purchase necessary to enter the Contest.
To enter the Contest visit http://mccain.ca/en/promotions/superfries and enter all required fields correctly and accurately to be eligible to win one (1) of three (3) prize packs.
No entries will be accepted by any other means. All entries are final upon submission.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject, disqualify and remove any entries or related materials that Sponsor deems to be obscene, defamatory, profane, offensive, lewd, pornographic, false, misleading, deceptive or otherwise inconsistent with its editorial standards, audience expectations or reputational interests or that Sponsor believes may violate any applicable law or regulation or the rights of any third party. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to verify any element of any entry or related materials, request additional information and to disqualify any Entrant whose participation may subject the Contest, Sponsor, or Sponsor's advertisers, clients or customers to controversy, negative publicity, scorn or ridicule.
By entering the Contest, Entrant hereby grants permission for Sponsor, at its sole discretion, to utilize entries, or portions thereof, for marketing and promotional purposes, e.g. the entry to be posted on Sponsor's Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social platforms and websites. Entrant agrees that Releasees (as defined below) are not responsible for any unauthorized use of entries or portions thereof by third parties. Releasees do not guarantee the posting of any entry or portion thereof.
By submitting an entry, each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor may obtain many entries in connection with this Contest and/or other promotions staged and/or promoted by Sponsor, and that such entries may be similar or identical in theme, idea, format or other respects to other entries made in connection with this Contest and/or other promotions promoted by Sponsor or submitted for other reasons or to other materials developed by Sponsor. Each Entrant waives any and all claims that any entry and/or other works accepted, reviewed and/or used may be similar or that any compensation is due to any Entrant in connection with such entry or other works used by Sponsor.
4. LIMIT OF NUMBER OF ENTRIES
There is a limit of one (1) entry per person within the Contest Period.
- For the purpose of these Contest Rules, the winners shall be referred to as a "Winner" or "Winners", and prizes shall be referred to as the "Prize" or "Prizes", unless otherwise specified herein.
- To be eligible to win a Prize, Entrant must enter the Contest by visiting http://mccain.ca/en/promotions/superfries and enter all required fields correctly and accurately.
- There will be a total of three (3) Prizes available to be won. Each Prize consists of one (1) Kindle E-Reader (Retail value of $80 each), one (1) $60 Netflix gift card, one (1) Fujifilm Instax® Mini 8 camera (Retail value of $90 each), one (1)Spotify® gift card (Retail value of $ 50 each), Fifty-Two (52) coupons to redeem one (1) free McCain® 650g Superfries™ product (each coupon valid for one of the following): (i) McCain® Superfries Straight Cut 650g, (ii) McCain® Superfries™ Crinkle Cut 650g, or (iii) McCain® Superfries™ 5 Minute Shoestring 650g (each coupon’s total retail value is $4.00, for a total retail value of $208). The total value of each prize package is $488 and the total value of the three (3) prize packs to be awarded is $1,464.00. All references to dollars are to Canadian currency.
- The odds of winning a Prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value, if the Prize cannot be awarded for any reason.
- Subject to applicable law, unclaimed Prizes will not be awarded. Prizes pictured in point of sale, television and print advertising, promotional packaging and other Contest materials are for illustrative purposes only. Actual Prize(s) may vary from the Prize(s) pictured. In the event of any conflict between any promotion details contained in the Contest Rules and Contest details contained in point of sale, television and print, advertising, promotional packaging and other promotional media, the Contest Rules shall prevail. In no event shall more than the number of each Prize described in the Contest Rules be awarded.
- Entrants can win no more than one (1) Prize.
- A Declaration of Release must be signed by the potential Prize Winner in accordance with Section 6 of these Contest Rules.
6. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION.
- Prize Winners shall be selected as follows:
- Three (3) potential Winners will be randomly selected by draw on each of the following dates: Thursday, March 31st, 2016 at 11:00AM Eastern Standard Time ("EST"), Monday, May 16th, 2016 at 11:00AM Eastern Standard Time ("EST"), and Tuesday, July, 5th, 2016 at 11:00AM Eastern Standard Time ("EST"). The random selection of potential Winners will be by draw carried out by the Community Manager of Grip Limited (Toronto), an agency partner of Sponsor, at 179 John Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5T 1X4.
- The selected potential Prize Winners will be notified by telephone or e-mail no later than two (2) business days after the drawing date and shall be required to answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question. If the selected potential Prize Winner does not respond correctly in accordance with the Contest Rules, he/she may be disqualified, he/she may not receive the Prize and another potential Prize Winner may be selected in accordance with the Contest Rules.
- A Declaration of Release will be sent within two (2) to three (3) business days from the date of successfully answering the skill testing question and potential Prize Winner(s) will have five (5) business days to return the signed Declaration of Release.
- Prizes will be couriered to Winners within three (3) to five (5) business days of the signed Declaration being received by Sponsor.
- Proof of identification must be provided upon request of the Sponsor.
- Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected potential Prize Winner to receive notification or for Sponsor to receive a selected potential Prize Winner's response. In the event that the potential Prize Winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Contest Rules, Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify a potential Prize Winner and draw an alternate potential Prize Winner and Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for lost, late, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses or replies or for any computer, online, telephone, hardware, software or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to, malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website or on account of any combination of the foregoing. Sponsor is not responsible for any injury or damage to Entrant or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. Entrant assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest or by the acceptance, possession, use of or failure to receive any Prize. Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including reasons beyond the control of Sponsor, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest. In no event will more than the number of each Prize described herein be awarded. If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Contest, there are more potential winners of any or all Prizes than contemplated in the Contest Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a random draw in accordance with the Contest Rules from among all remaining eligible entries to award the correct number of Prizes as set out herein. Sponsor makes no warranty of any kind or nature with respect to any or all Prizes unless specifically required by law, including but not limited to, the fitness for purpose or merchantability.
By entering this Contest, Entrant agrees to be bound by these Contest Rules, which are available on the Landing and Entry pages of the Contest site. Entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, the Contest website; or (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST WEBSITE OR ANY RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST BY ATTEMPTING TO FRAUDULENTLY PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST OR INFLUENCE ITS OUTCOME MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ENTRANTS ENGAGING IN ANY OF THE FOREGOING ACTIVITIES WILL BE DISQUALIFIED AND SHALL FORFEIT ANY PRIZE.
By entering the Contest, each Entrant releases and holds harmless Sponsor, its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, representatives, insurers, sponsors, distributors and retailers (collectively, the "Releasees") from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to Entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize, participation in this Contest, any breach of these Contest Rules or in any prize-related activity. Entrant agrees to fully indemnify, without limitation, the Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to this Contest.
9. PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
10. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
All intellectual property, including but not limited to, trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, logos, slogans and representations are owned by Sponsor and/or its respective affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property, without the express written consent of Sponsor, is strictly prohibited.
These are official Contest Rules. The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all Ontario laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial or municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over Sponsor. The Contest Rules and all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario, including procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction's laws. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to, the Contest entry form or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
Any questions please refer to the contact us directions at: http://mccain.ca/en/contact-us. Please refer to "McCain Superfries Contest" in the subject line.
12. QUEBEC RESIDENTS.
Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity Contest may be submitted to the Régie for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.