Toronto Butter Chicken Poutine
This poutine is a twist on the classic dish, with spicy McCain® lattice cut chips topped with tender butter chicken and paneer cheese making this a mouthful of flavor.
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1/4 cup Butter Chicken Curry Paste
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, diced
2/3 cup of water
1/2 cup of cream, divided
1 540g bag McCain® Superfries® Spicy Lattice Cut Fries
300g paneer, cut into 1-inch cubes
1/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- Heat oil in medium size pan, then add butter and chicken. Fry gently until browned on all sides.
- Add butter chicken curry paste and fry for another 2 minutes while stirring.
- Add water and 6 tablespoons cream. Simmer gently until chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes. Add more water if mixture is too thick.
- Meanwhile, cook McCain® Superfries® Spicy Lattice Cut according to package directions.
- Transfer fries to a platter. Top with paneer and pour butter chicken sauce over top.
- Drizzle remaining cream over sauce and garnish with cilantro
Discover more flavours
A new warm appetizer or snack that sure beats a bowl of chips. Made from carefully selected potatoes, these crisp crinkle cut wedges are delicious on their own or paired with a savoury dip. And not only that, they are also an excellent source of conversation and the best appetizer to bring to a party.