Toronto Butter Chicken Poutine
This poutine is a twist on the classic dish, with spicy McCain® lattice cut chips topped with tender butter chicken and paneer cheese making this a mouthful of flavor.
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1/4 cup Butter Chicken Curry Paste
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, diced
2/3 cup of water
1/2 cup of cream, divided
1 540g bag McCain® Superfries® Spicy Lattice Cut Fries
300g paneer, cut into 1-inch cubes
1/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- Heat oil in medium size pan, then add butter and chicken. Fry gently until browned on all sides.
- Add butter chicken curry paste and fry for another 2 minutes while stirring.
- Add water and 6 tablespoons cream. Simmer gently until chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes. Add more water if mixture is too thick.
- Meanwhile, cook McCain® Superfries® Spicy Lattice Cut according to package directions.
- Transfer fries to a platter. Top with paneer and pour butter chicken sauce over top.
- Drizzle remaining cream over sauce and garnish with cilantro
Discover more flavours
There are some friends you’re on double dipping terms with. And those friends deserve Sweet Potato Plank fries. Whether you dip them, like them on their own or add them to an easy delicious dinner recipe, they are a good source of potassium and vitamin A, and are trans fat free. So go ahead and dig in!