Taco Fries Recipe
Let's taco 'bout how to shake up Mexican night! Let your worlds collide with all the goodness of nachos but paired with tasty crisp oven baked fries. These delicious Mexican taco fries make for a hearty mid-afternoon snack or the perfect light dinner, that will have your family yelling ARRIBA!
1 bag (650 g) McCain® Superfries Straight Cut
1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
1/2 lb (250 g) ground extra-lean turkey
1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
1/4 red pepper, chopped
1/4 onion, finely chopped
1 small clove garlic, minced
1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) chili powder
1 plum tomato, chopped
1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
1/2 cup (125 mL) grated cheese
1/2 cup (125 mL) tomato salsa
1/4 cup (60 mL) shredded lettuce
1 green onion, finely chopped2 tbsp (30 mL) sour cream (optional)
Bake McCain® Superfries Straight Cut according to package directions on 12-inch (30 cm) pizza pan.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet set over medium-high heat. Crumble in turkey. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 to 8 minutes or until starts to brown.
- Add red pepper, onion, garlic and chili powder. Cook stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables start to soften.
- Add tomatoes and lime juice. Cook stirring for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Layer with meat mixture and cheese over fries. Bake at 450° for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Top with tomato salsa and shredded lettuce to resemble nachos. Garnish with green onions. Serve with sour cream if desired.
Garlic & Parsley #MODIFRY
Discover more flavours
The next time your friends come over to watch the game, make sure you have spicy wedges on hand. Ready in just 9 minutes with no flipping required, you won’t have to worry about missing any big plays! These wedges are crafted with extra grooves so they bake up crispy with a great kick of flavour. It's a great appetizer when half time hunger strikes.