Peruvian Pesto Fries
Inspired by Peru’s tallarines verdes, this delicious freshly made pesto combined with with McCain Superfries makes for a perfect side dish or sharing platter for your guests!
Product Used:Superfries® Straight Cut
1 bag (650g) McCain® Superfries Straight Cut
3 cups (250ml) Spinach
2 cups (500ml) Basil
1 Small onion chopped
Juice of 1/2 lime
1/2 cup (125ml) + 2 tbsp (30ml) Olive oil
1/2 cup (125ml) Sour cream or Greek yogurt
1 Clove garlic
1 tsp (5ml) Salt
Pepper to taste
1. Bake McCain SuperFries as per directions.
2. To make the creamy pesto, heat 2 tbsp. of olive oil in a saucepan over medium low heat.
3. Cook onion and garlic, stirring for 5 minutes or until softened. Cool.
4. Add cooled onion mixture, spinach, basil, lime, olive oil, sour cream, salt and pepper into a blender and process to a thick purée. Transfer mixture to the plastic squeeze bottle.
5. Using a microplane grater, shave the Parmesan cheese into a bowl.
6. Remove the fries from the oven and toss with salt and Parmesan cheese.
7. Place the fries onto a platter and drizzle the fresh pesto over the fries.
8. Sprinkle more Parmesan cheese on top and enjoy immediately.
9. Enjoy as an appetizer or serve with grilled meat as a meal
Tip: To make drizzling sauce easier, use a plastic squeeze bottle.