Maple Bacon Poutine Recipe
It’s times like this when you’ll be proud to be Canadian! A big thank you to Chef Charlene Rowland at Wayne Gretzky’s restaurant in Toronto, for creating a Modifry™ like no other. Maple? Bacon? Bourbon? We didn’t think Poutine could get any better!
2 ltrs white gravy base
15 ml maple syrup
1.5 cups (345ml) bourbon (optional)
1 oz flour
10 slices of bacon diced
16 oz cheese curds
1 bag (650g) McCain® Superfries Straight Cut
White gravy base ingredients
2 ltrs cream
1 ltr chicken stock
3 tsp Dijon mustard
3 tsp grainy mustard
3/4 tsp cayenne pepper ground
4 shallots diced fine
Directions for white gravy base
- In a pot heat up a tsp of oil and cook off shallots until they are translucent.
- Add in Dijon mustard, grainy mustard and cayenne pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in chicken stock and cream and reduce mixture by half.
- Bake McCain® Superfries Straight Cut according to package directions.
- Heat up frying pan and add a tsp of oil.
- When pan is hot, add in diced up bacon and cook until it is crispy.
- Add flour into pan and cook until flour is a golden colour.
- Add in maple syrup and Bourbon. Cook until liquid has reduced by half.
- Add in white gravy base and season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Pour Maple Bacon gravy over Superfries and cheese curds and enjoy!
Cheese & Chive #MODIFRY
Discover more flavours
A new warm appetizer or snack that’s ready in just 9 minutes and no flipping required! Made from carefully selected potatoes, these wedges are crafted with extra grooves so they bake up extra crispy. These tasty wedges are delicious on their own or paired with a savoury dip, creating a delicious treat for you and your guests!