Honey Glazed Chicken & Sweet Potato Fries
Chicken doesn’t have to be boring, especially when it is spiced with a touch of curry, glazed with golden honey and served with crisp McCain® Sweet Potato fries.
Ingredients2 tbsp (30 mL) honey
1 tbsp (30 mL) Dijon mustard
1 tsp (5 mL) apple cider vinegar
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb/625 g)
1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil
1 tsp (5 mL) curry powder
1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried thyme
1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and freshly ground pepper
1 bag (454 g) McCain® Sweet Potato Plank Cut Fries
1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
1 lb (500 g) green beans, blanched
1/4 cup (60 mL) golden raisins
1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and freshly ground pepper
2 tsp (10 mL) apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup (60 mL) toasted slivered almonds
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well. Whisk together honey, mustard and vinegar; set aside.
- Toss together chicken, oil, curry powder, thyme, salt and pepper. Place chicken on grill; immediately reduce temperature to medium. Grill, turning occasionally, for 15 minutes or until cooked through, brushing chicken with honey mixture during the last 3 minutes of cooking time.
- Side Dishes: Meanwhile, prepare Sweet Potato Fries according to package directions.
- In large sauté pan, melt butter over medium-high heat; sauté green beans, raisins, salt and pepper for 3 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat; stir in vinegar. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Serve chicken with green beans and Sweet Potato Fries on the side.
Discover more flavours
There are some friends you’re on double dipping terms with. And those friends deserve Sweet Potato Plank fries. Whether you dip them, like them on their own or add them to an easy delicious dinner recipe, they are a good source of potassium and vitamin A, and are trans fat free. So go ahead and dig in!