Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken With Garlic Rapini and Superfries®
Perfect for family dinner or that special dinner guest, enjoy an easy and elegant chicken breast stuffed with tangy goat cheese and cranberries at your next get-together. Pair it with garlic rapini and Superfries® to take it to the next level.
2 tbsp olive oil
1 shallot, finely chopped
1 tsp (5 mL) chopped fresh thyme
1/4 cup cranberry sauce
1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tbsp poultry seasoning
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp melted butter
1 bag (650 g) McCain® Superfries® Straight Cut
1 bunch rapini, trimmed
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp (1 mL) hot pepper flakes (optional)
1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- Preheat oven to 450˚F (230˚C). In small pan, heat 2 tsp (10 mL) of the oil over medium heat; cook shallot and thyme for 3 to 5 minutes or until softened. Let cool slightly; mix with cranberry sauce and goat cheese. Transfer to small resealable bag and snip off corner; set aside. Make a small slit in the thickest part of chicken breast and run knife through the meat to create a pocket. Pipe goat cheese filling into each breast. Secure opening with small skewer or toothpicks.
- Season chicken with 2 tsp (10 mL) of the poultry seasoning and half of the salt. Transfer to baking sheet lined with parchment paper; brush with butter. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is golden and cooked through. Remove from oven; keep warm.
- Prepare McCain® Superfries® Straight Cut according to package directions. Toss with remaining poultry seasoning and salt.
- Garlic Rapini: Meanwhile, in pot of boiling salted water, blanch rapini for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender-crisp; drain well. In large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat; cook garlic and hot pepper flakes (if using) for 1 minute or until garlic starts to soften. Add rapini and salt to skillet; cook, tossing occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Serve chicken with McCain® Superfries® Straight Cut and Garlic Rapini.
Tip: Substitute broccoli or broccolini florets for rapini if desired.
Discover more flavours
A new warm appetizer or snack that’s ready in just 9 minutes and no flipping required! Made from carefully selected potatoes, these wedges are crafted with extra grooves so they bake up extra crispy. These tasty wedges are delicious on their own or paired with a savoury dip, creating a delicious treat for you and your guests!