Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken With Garlic Rapini and Superfries®
Perfect for family dinner or that special dinner guest, enjoy an easy and elegant chicken breast stuffed with tangy goat cheese and cranberries at your next get-together. Pair it with garlic rapini and Superfries® to take it to the next level.
2 tbsp olive oil
1 shallot, finely chopped
1 tsp (5 mL) chopped fresh thyme
1/4 cup cranberry sauce
1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tbsp poultry seasoning
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp melted butter
1 bag (650 g) McCain® Superfries® Straight Cut
1 bunch rapini, trimmed
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp (1 mL) hot pepper flakes (optional)
1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- Preheat oven to 450˚F (230˚C). In small pan, heat 2 tsp (10 mL) of the oil over medium heat; cook shallot and thyme for 3 to 5 minutes or until softened. Let cool slightly; mix with cranberry sauce and goat cheese. Transfer to small resealable bag and snip off corner; set aside. Make a small slit in the thickest part of chicken breast and run knife through the meat to create a pocket. Pipe goat cheese filling into each breast. Secure opening with small skewer or toothpicks.
- Season chicken with 2 tsp (10 mL) of the poultry seasoning and half of the salt. Transfer to baking sheet lined with parchment paper; brush with butter. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is golden and cooked through. Remove from oven; keep warm.
- Prepare McCain® Superfries® Straight Cut according to package directions. Toss with remaining poultry seasoning and salt.
- Garlic Rapini: Meanwhile, in pot of boiling salted water, blanch rapini for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender-crisp; drain well. In large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat; cook garlic and hot pepper flakes (if using) for 1 minute or until garlic starts to soften. Add rapini and salt to skillet; cook, tossing occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Serve chicken with McCain® Superfries® Straight Cut and Garlic Rapini.
Tip: Substitute broccoli or broccolini florets for rapini if desired.