Bacon-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin Medallions with Beet & Goat Cheese Salad and Sweet Potato Plank Fries
This easy and impressive holiday meal is perfect for sharing with family and friends.
2 pork tenderloins (each about ¾ to 1 lb/350 to 500 g)
1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
6 slices bacon, halved
1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
1 bag (650 g) McCain® Sweet Potato Plank Fries
Beet and Goat Cheese Salad:
3 beets, peeled and cut into 8 wedges
1/3 cup (75 mL) olive oil
1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
6 cups (1.5 L) arugula
3 tbsp (45 mL) rice wine vinegar
1 tsp (5 mL) honey
1/3 cup (75 mL) finely crumbled goat cheese
1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 425˚F (220˚C). Tuck the small end of tenderloin underneath to create even thickness. Cut each tenderloin into 6 medallions; season with salt.
- Wrap bacon slice around each medallion; secure with butcher's twine. In large ovenproof grill pan, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown pork on all sides for 10 minutes or until top and bottom are well marked and bacon is crisp. Transfer to baking sheet; roast for 8 to 10 minutes or until instant-read thermometer registers 155°F (68°C) when inserted into centre of pork and bacon is crisp. Tent with foil to keep warm.
- Bake McCain® Sweet Potato Plank Fries according to package directions.
- Beet and Goat Cheese Salad: Meanwhile, toss beets with 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the olive oil; season with half of the salt and pepper. Transfer to baking dish; roast in 425˚F (220˚C) oven for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Toss arugula with rice wine vinegar, honey, and remaining oil, salt and pepper; arrange on serving dish. Top with roasted beets, goat cheese and walnuts.
- Remove string from medallions. Serve with Beet and Goat Cheese Salad and McCain® Sweet Potato Plank Fries.
Tip: If you don't have a large skillet, avoid overcrowding the pan by cooking in batches.