Philly Cheese and Steak Lattice Cut Bites
Enjoy the big Philly flavour of roast beef, cheese, and sautéed veggies, on a crispy McCain Lattice Cut Fry.
Chef's Name: Holly Carter
30 McCain Lattice Cut Fries
1 lb Cooked roast of beef (medium)**
2 Diced Green Peppers (medium)
1 Diced Red Onion (medium)
2 Cups Grated Cheddar Cheese
1 Cup of your favorite BBQ Sauce
One bunch of chopped fresh parsley or chives (garnish)
**To prepare roast beef: Preheat oven to 375F/190C. Place roast in pan. Season with ¼ tsp (1 ml) salt, ¼ tsp (1 ml) garlic powder/ 1/8 tsp. ( 0.5ml) pepper. Roast in oven for 20 -25 minutes. Remove from oven, cover loosely with foil. Let stand 15-20 minutes before slicing.
- Roast beef or purchased cooked beef strips.
- Slice the beef as thinly as possible, 1/8”/ 3 mm of an inch, if possible.
- Toss sliced beef in BBQ sauce.
- Dice green pepper and red onion.
- Sautee vegetables over medium/high heat.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F/ 190 C.
- Bake Lattice Cut Fries on a cookie sheet, as per package directions.
- Assemble: beef, vegetables and cheddar cheese on top of each of McCain Lattice Cut Fries.
- Return to oven for 5 minutes at 375 F/ 190 C.
- Garnish each plate with one bunch of chopped fresh garnish of choice (garnish is optional).