Homefries Breakfast Poutine
Made with bacon, hollandaise sauce, and McCain Homefries, this poutine is a new brunch favourite, worth getting up for.
Chef's Name: Holly Carter
1 Bag (650g) of McCain Homefries
1 Cup Diced Onions
1 Cup Sliced Mushrooms
½ Cup Diced Leeks
1 Cup Grated Cheddar Cheese
6 strips of Bacon
1 ½ Cup Pre-Packaged Hollandaise Sauce
2 Tbsp. Butter or Oil
2 Tbsp. Fresh chopped parsley or chives (garnish)
- Bake McCain Homefries according to package instructions.
- Sautee leeks, onions and mushrooms in butter or oil.
- Cook bacon until crisp.
- Chop cooked bacon into small pieces.
- Portion your McCain Homefries onto 4-6 serving plates.
- Place sautéed vegetables, bacon, and cheddar cheese on Homefries.
- Prepare pre-packaged hollandaise sauce as per package instructions, or use your favourite homemade hollandaise sauce.
- Top each portion with ¼ cup/ 60 ml of hollandaise sauce.
- Garnish each plate with 1 tsp/ 5 ml of garnish of choice (optional).
Variation: try any combination of sautéed vegetables; substitute chopped bell peppers/ red onions.