Coconut Vanilla Cake with Caramelized Pineapple
How do you make a McCain® Deep ’n Delicious® Coconut Vanilla Cake even tastier? You add caramelized pineapple of course!
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 can pineapple rings
1 (510g) McCain® Deep’n Delicious® Coconut Vanilla Cake, thawed
- Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat. Whisk in brown sugar. Stir until mixture is evenly combined and liquid.
- Lower heat to medium-low. Working in batches, place pineapple slices in mixture. Cook until caramelized, about 2 minutes per side.
- Remove pineapple from pan and place on a plate. Reserve caramel sauce left in pan.
- Divide McCain® Deep’n Delicious® Coconut Vanilla Cake into 8 equal portions.
- Slice 2 caramelized pineapple rings into quarters. Place a pineapple piece in the middle of each cake portion.
- Serve cake with caramelized pineapple slices and pour over remaining sauce.