Tasti Taters® Breakfast Waffle
Tasti Taters® are pressed into a crispy potato waffle, topped with ham, cheese, and a runny egg for the perfect breakfast.
Product Used:Tasti Taters®
1 tsp vegetable oil
4 slices black forest ham
2 slices Swiss cheese
1 tbsp chives
salt and pepper
- Cook McCain® Tasti Taters® according to package directions.
- Preheat and spray waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Place cooked McCain® Tasti Taters® in a single layer on waffle iron. If using a round iron, place McCain® Tasti Taters® on half to form a semi circle. If using a rectangular iron, place taters on two squares. Cook until waffles are golden and crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a non-stick pan over medium. Add in eggs and cook until whites are opaque and yolks are still runny, about 5 minutes. If you prefer a harder yolk, continue to cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Divide waffles onto plates. Top each with two slices of ham and 1 slice of Swiss cheese. Place an egg over each waffle.
- Garnish with fresh chives. Season with salt and pepper to taste.