Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole Recipe
Put a twist on the classic casserole with a blend of cheese, fresh apples, onion, smoked ham and of course, McCainDiced Hashbrowns. This versatile dish goes from brunch buffet to dinner table in a snap and makes entertaining a crowd a breeze. It’s the perfect meal when you’ve got hungry mouths to feed!
- 2 cups of McCain® Breakfast Diced Hashbrowns
- 1 cup of ham, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 whole apple, chopped small
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup grated (4 ounces) Gruyère cheese
- 1/8 cup all purpose flour
- 2 pieces scallions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Lightly butter an 8 inch baking dish. Set aside.
- Preheat two small skillets over medium-high heat and sauté McCain® Breakfast Diced Hashbrowns as per instructions on package, remove from heat and place to the side.
- In separate skillet add ham stirring occasionally until pieces start to brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Add onions and chopped apples, stirring occasionally until onions are slightly brown, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer mixture to a plate and let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs, cream, all purpose flour, ¼ tsp salt and 1/8 tsp ground black pepper. Add cooked McCain® Breakfast Diced Hashbrowns, onion and apple mixture, and ¾ of the Gruyere cheese, mix well.
- Place mixture in baking dish and top with remaining Gruyère cheese.
- Cooked uncovered for 25 mins.
- Remove from oven, garnish with chopped scallions and serve.
Skip the weekend brunch line-ups and make your kitchen your new favourite diner spot. Turn your McCain Diced Hashbrowns and morning eggs into one delectable package with this hearty dish. It’s so delicious it’ll make getting out of bed almost a pleasure.See recipe >