Another day, another dish, another smile.
10 wedge ideas for last minute get-togethers
Nobody gets excited by a bag of potato chips, but who's got the time to go full out Martha Stewart anymore? McCain Wedges, Onion Rings, and Lattice cuts are the perfect quick and easy snack to inspire endless entertaining ideas at your next gathering. So, whether your friends are coming over for the premiere of 'The Bachelor', you want to liven-up hockey night, or you just got an unexpected knock at the door, here's a few last-minute tips to take your get-together to the next level.
1. Use a wine glass for dip: Didn't get to the dishes on time? Grab that fancy martini glass and serve your favourite dip. It's fun to repurpose different glassware and mix things up! Pretty soon, your guests will be asking for wedges 'straight up!'
2. Make a cheesy artichoke dip: Our delicious asiago & artichoke dip is the perfect snack or appetizer for your next potluck! It's super easy to make, and a real crowd pleaser when served with Sea Salt Crinkle Cut Wedges.
3. Paper plate Pictionary®: Nobody ever has an easel handy; but now you can play the best game of all time right at your kitchen table! All you need is a Sharpie and some left-over paper plates. Simply serve up wedges and your guests will be in the mood to play in no time!
4. Load up your nachos: These are definitely nacho ordinary fries! Cook up those Lattice Cuts you have in the freezer, and add on all the fixings – and bacon, let's not forget bacon. Here's the ultimate recipe that will keep your company coming back for more.
5. Camera hot potato: Dust off your old camera and #JustAddFriends for this hysterical around-the-table game. Set the timer and quickly pass the camera around the table as if you were snapping a selfie. Whoever gets caught with the camera when the flash goes off, has to tell a funny joke or story. At the end of the night, you'll have a bunch of hilarious photos your friends will pray never see the light of day.
6. Bake Buffalo wedges: Forget about wings, this recipe takes wedges to a whole new level, and there's hardly any prep time. Simply toss Spicy Wedges in Buffalo hot sauce, #JustAddFriends and you're good to go!
7. Use cards as coasters: Short of coasters at your shindig? Be resourceful and grab a deck of cards! It's the perfect touch on game night, whether you've got a 'full house' or not!
8. Serve B-O-T Dip: Ever heard of Bacon, Onion and Tomato dip? Well, it's incredible with Savoury Wedges and you can whip it up in under 10 minutes flat!
9. Serve up wedge cones: Grab those party hats you have stored for New Year's and flip them upside down. Voilà, you've got a serving cone packed with delicious wedges. It's a little trick that will set a fun tone for the evening, and not go unnoticed!
©2013 Mattel. All Rights Reserved.