Taco Fries Recipe
Let's taco 'bout how to shake up Mexican night! Let your worlds collide with all the goodness of nachos but paired with tasty crisp oven baked fries. These delicious Mexican taco fries make for a hearty mid-afternoon snack or the perfect light dinner, that will have your family yelling ARRIBA!
Product Used:Superfries® Straight Cut
1 bag (650 g) McCain® Superfries Straight Cut
1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
1/2 lb (250 g) ground extra-lean turkey
1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
1/4 red pepper, chopped
1/4 onion, finely chopped
1 small clove garlic, minced
1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) chili powder
1 plum tomato, chopped
1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
1/2 cup (125 mL) grated cheese
1/2 cup (125 mL) tomato salsa
1/4 cup (60 mL) shredded lettuce
1 green onion, finely chopped2 tbsp (30 mL) sour cream (optional)
Bake McCain® Superfries Straight Cut according to package directions on 12-inch (30 cm) pizza pan.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet set over medium-high heat. Crumble in turkey. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 to 8 minutes or until starts to brown.
- Add red pepper, onion, garlic and chili powder. Cook stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables start to soften.
- Add tomatoes and lime juice. Cook stirring for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Layer with meat mixture and cheese over fries. Bake at 450° for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Top with tomato salsa and shredded lettuce to resemble nachos. Garnish with green onions. Serve with sour cream if desired.
Lime & Black Pepper #MODIFRY
Discover more flavours
Got Thanksgiving turkey leftovers? What could be more delicious than fries topped with your famous stuffing and cranberry? Here's a quick and easy way to use them in this comforting and flavourful turkey stuffed Modifry.