Peruvian Pesto Fries
Inspired by Peru’s tallarines verdes, this delicious freshly made pesto combined with with McCain Superfries makes for a perfect side dish or sharing platter for your guests!
Product Used:Superfries® Straight Cut
1 bag (650g) McCain® Superfries Straight Cut
3 cups (250ml) Spinach
2 cups (500ml) Basil
1 Small onion chopped
Juice of 1/2 lime
1/2 cup (125ml) + 2 tbsp (30ml) Olive oil
1/2 cup (125ml) Sour cream or Greek yogurt
1 Clove garlic
1 tsp (5ml) Salt
Pepper to taste
1. Bake McCain SuperFries as per directions.
2. To make the creamy pesto, heat 2 tbsp. of olive oil in a saucepan over medium low heat.
3. Cook onion and garlic, stirring for 5 minutes or until softened. Cool.
4. Add cooled onion mixture, spinach, basil, lime, olive oil, sour cream, salt and pepper into a blender and process to a thick purée. Transfer mixture to the plastic squeeze bottle.
5. Using a microplane grater, shave the Parmesan cheese into a bowl.
6. Remove the fries from the oven and toss with salt and Parmesan cheese.
7. Place the fries onto a platter and drizzle the fresh pesto over the fries.
8. Sprinkle more Parmesan cheese on top and enjoy immediately.
9. Enjoy as an appetizer or serve with grilled meat as a meal
Tip: To make drizzling sauce easier, use a plastic squeeze bottle.
Discover more flavours
There are some friends you’re on double dipping terms with. And those friends deserve Sweet Potato Plank fries. Whether you dip them, like them on their own or add them to an easy delicious dinner recipe, they are a good source of potassium and vitamin A, and are trans fat free. So go ahead and dig in!