Maple Bacon Poutine Recipe
It’s times like this when you’ll be proud to be Canadian! A big thank you to Chef Charlene Rowland at Wayne Gretzky’s restaurant in Toronto, for creating a Modifry™ like no other. Maple? Bacon? Bourbon? We didn’t think Poutine could get any better!
Product Used:Superfries® Straight Cut
2 ltrs white gravy base
15 ml maple syrup
1.5 cups (345ml) bourbon (optional)
1 oz flour
10 slices of bacon diced
16 oz cheese curds
1 bag (650g) McCain® Superfries Straight Cut
White gravy base ingredients
2 ltrs cream
1 ltr chicken stock
3 tsp Dijon mustard
3 tsp grainy mustard
3/4 tsp cayenne pepper ground
4 shallots diced fine
Directions for white gravy base
- In a pot heat up a tsp of oil and cook off shallots until they are translucent.
- Add in Dijon mustard, grainy mustard and cayenne pepper and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in chicken stock and cream and reduce mixture by half.
- Bake McCain® Superfries Straight Cut according to package directions.
- Heat up frying pan and add a tsp of oil.
- When pan is hot, add in diced up bacon and cook until it is crispy.
- Add flour into pan and cook until flour is a golden colour.
- Add in maple syrup and Bourbon. Cook until liquid has reduced by half.
- Add in white gravy base and season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Pour Maple Bacon gravy over Superfries and cheese curds and enjoy!
Garlic & Parsley #MODIFRY
Discover more flavours
Turn your next backyard cookout or shindig into everybody's favourite spot with a trio of party flavours including a Smoked Paprika, Garlic & Parsley and Cajun fries. Paired with McCain® Superfries Straight Cut for that extra-special touch, it will elevate any get-together. Be careful though, it might be tough getting people to leave!