Honey Glazed Chicken & Sweet Potato Fries
Chicken doesn’t have to be boring, especially when it is spiced with a touch of curry, glazed with golden honey and served with crisp McCain® Sweet Potato fries.
Product Used:Sweet Potato Plank Cut Fries
Ingredients2 tbsp (30 mL) honey
1 tbsp (30 mL) Dijon mustard
1 tsp (5 mL) apple cider vinegar
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb/625 g)
1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil
1 tsp (5 mL) curry powder
1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried thyme
1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and freshly ground pepper
1 bag (454 g) McCain® Sweet Potato Plank Cut Fries
1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
1 lb (500 g) green beans, blanched
1/4 cup (60 mL) golden raisins
1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and freshly ground pepper
2 tsp (10 mL) apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup (60 mL) toasted slivered almonds
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well. Whisk together honey, mustard and vinegar; set aside.
- Toss together chicken, oil, curry powder, thyme, salt and pepper. Place chicken on grill; immediately reduce temperature to medium. Grill, turning occasionally, for 15 minutes or until cooked through, brushing chicken with honey mixture during the last 3 minutes of cooking time.
- Side Dishes: Meanwhile, prepare Sweet Potato Fries according to package directions.
- In large sauté pan, melt butter over medium-high heat; sauté green beans, raisins, salt and pepper for 3 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat; stir in vinegar. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Serve chicken with green beans and Sweet Potato Fries on the side.