Chicken & Homestyle Potatoes Recipe
This classic combination of roast chicken, rosemary and potatoes is the perfect centerpiece for any family dinner. Best served with McCain Homestyle Red Skin Chunks, this hearty dinner will soon become a weekly tradition.
Product Used:Homestyle Red Skin Chunks
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 bag (750g) of McCain® Homestyle Red Skin Chunks
- 1 lemon
- 1 whole bulb garlic, broken into gloves
- 1 handful thyme
- 1 medium sized onion, thickly sliced
- 4 carrots cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 celery stalks cut into 2-inch chunks
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig, leaves picked
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat your oven to 385°F.
- Rub the chicken inside and out with a generous amount of salt and freshly ground black pepper and olive oil.
- Carefully make 5-6 slits into the lemon and insert into the cavity of the chicken with the garlic cloves and the thyme.
- In the roasting tray also place the sliced onion and chunks of carrot and celery, then place the chicken on top and cook until 185°F or follow instructions as per package.
- When chicken is done remove the chicken to a plate and take the vegetables and liquid from the pan, season with salt and pepper and quickly sauté upon serving on a medium heat skillet.
- Adjust the temperature of your oven to 450°F and bake McCain® Homestyle Red Skin Chunks as per package instructions.
- When complete, plate your chicken, vegetables and delicious McCain® Homestyle Red Skin Chunks and enjoy!
Discover more flavours
Cutlery is overrated! Go ahead and enjoy with your favourite finger foods. You might love crinkle cut fries on their own, but these crisp fries were made for dipping! And that’s no surprise since they’re made from specially selected potatoes and a touch of sea salt.See product >