Chicken & Homestyle Potatoes Recipe
Product Used:Homestyle Red Skin Chunks
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 bag (750g) of McCain® Homestyle Red Skin Chunks
- 1 lemon
- 1 whole bulb garlic, broken into gloves
- 1 handful thyme
- 1 medium sized onion, thickly sliced
- 4 carrots cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 celery stalks cut into 2-inch chunks
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig, leaves picked
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat your oven to 385°F.
- Rub the chicken inside and out with a generous amount of salt and freshly ground black pepper and olive oil.
- Carefully make 5-6 slits into the lemon and insert into the cavity of the chicken with the garlic cloves and the thyme.
- In the roasting tray also place the sliced onion and chunks of carrot and celery, then place the chicken on top and cook until 185°F or follow instructions as per package.
- When chicken is done remove the chicken to a plate and take the vegetables and liquid from the pan, season with salt and pepper and quickly sauté upon serving on a medium heat skillet.
- Adjust the temperature of your oven to 450°F and bake McCain® Homestyle Red Skin Chunks as per package instructions.
- When complete, plate your chicken, vegetables and delicious McCain® Homestyle Red Skin Chunks and enjoy!
You’ll say it’s for the kids but adults are going to love dunking McCain® Smiles® into this hearty soup just as much, if not more than the little ones.