Birthday Cake Pops
These are a fun festive way to make everyone their own mini birthday celebration on a stick. Use whichever Deep ‘n Delicious cake and chocolate combination you prefer!
Product Used:Deep 'n Delicious® Chocolate Cake
1 cake (510 g) McCain® Deep 'n Delicious® Vanilla Cake or Chocolate Cake
8 oz (250 g) white or dark chocolate, melted
3 tbsp (45 mL) round sprinkles
- Scrape 1/3 of the frosting from the top of the cake. Save for another use.
- Crumble cake and remaining frosting into a bowl. Beat with hand mixer on medium speed just until crumbled.
- Roll mixture into 1 1/4-inch (3 cm) balls and transfer to parchment lined baking trays.
- Dip the tips of the lollipop sticks into melted white chocolate and insert into each ball.
- Place in freezer for 5 mins or until chocolate is set and balls are firm.
- Dip cake pops into chocolate, gently shaking off excess. Garnish with sprinkles. Freeze for 5 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- For adults replace the round sprinkles with toasted desiccated coconut.
- Store cake pops in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Cheese & Chive #MODIFRY
It’s times like this when you’ll be proud to be Canadian! A big thank you to Chef Charlene Rowland at Wayne Gretzky’s restaurant in Toronto, for creating a Modifry™ like no other. Maple? Bacon? Bourbon? We didn’t think Poutine could get any better!