Turkey Sausage Potato Pancakes Recipe
Entice anyone out of a Saturday morning slumber with a dish that satisfies both sweet and savoury tastes alike. Enjoy a medley of turkey breakfast sausage, caramelized red and green apples, piled atop Potato Pancakes and drizzled with Canadian maple syrup. It’s everything your family could want on a Saturday morning!
- 1 bag (600g) McCain® Potato Pancakes
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 ounces turkey breakfast sausage, cooked and chopped
- 5 ounces small diced red and green apple (worked out to 1 of each apple, on average)
- 3 tbsp caramelized sliced onion
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsps canola oil
- 2 tbsp low-fat sour cream
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped chives
- 12 whole strawberries
- Prepare McCain® Potato Pancakes according to package directions.
- Cook turkey breakfast sausage as per package instructions, chop and set aside, keep warm.
- In a medium sauté pan over medium heat add oil with onions and apples, cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until edges become slightly brown, set aside, keep warm.
- Arrange McCain® Potato Pancakes on serving platter top with Maple syrup drizzle, shredded cheese, chopped turkey breakfast sausage, onions and apples.
- Garnish with fresh chives and serve with a fresh bowl of strawberries.
Discover more flavours
Breakfast will never be the same! Wake up to a quick and savoury side dish made with real shredded potatoes lightly seasoned with onions and spices. Whether you use them in an easy breakfast recipe or eat them on their own, it's definitely a dish that brings the family together.See product >