Turkey Sausage Potato Pancakes Recipe
Entice anyone out of a Saturday morning slumber with a dish that satisfies both sweet and savoury tastes alike. Enjoy a medley of turkey breakfast sausage, caramelized red and green apples, piled atop Potato Pancakes and drizzled with Canadian maple syrup. It’s everything your family could want on a Saturday morning!
Product Used:Potato Pancakes
- 1 bag (600g) McCain® Potato Pancakes
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 ounces turkey breakfast sausage, cooked and chopped
- 5 ounces small diced red and green apple (worked out to 1 of each apple, on average)
- 3 tbsp caramelized sliced onion
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsps canola oil
- 2 tbsp low-fat sour cream
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped chives
- 12 whole strawberries
- Prepare McCain® Potato Pancakes according to package directions.
- Cook turkey breakfast sausage as per package instructions, chop and set aside, keep warm.
- In a medium sauté pan over medium heat add oil with onions and apples, cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until edges become slightly brown, set aside, keep warm.
- Arrange McCain® Potato Pancakes on serving platter top with Maple syrup drizzle, shredded cheese, chopped turkey breakfast sausage, onions and apples.
- Garnish with fresh chives and serve with a fresh bowl of strawberries.
Discover more flavours
Breakfast will never be the same! Wake up to a quick and savoury side dish made with real shredded potatoes lightly seasoned with onions and spices. Whether you use them in a recipe or eat them on their own, it's definitely a dish that brings the family together. See product >