Eggs Benny on Potato Pancakes Recipe
Product Used:Potato Pancakes
IngredientsIngredients for Eggs Benedict:
- 1 bag (600g) McCain® Potato Pancakes (3 per base)
- 8 whole eggs
- 8 slices Canadian bacon
- 8 tbsp Hollandaise sauce (see recipe) OR use your favourite Hollandaise prepared sauce from your local grocer
- 24 thin asparagus spears
- 2 oranges, peeled and sliced
Ingredients for Hollandaise sauce:
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tbsp warm water
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp coarse salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- Prepare McCain® Potato Pancakes according to package directions.
- For Hollandaise Sauce: In a blender, combine egg yolks, water, lemon juice, and salt; blend until frothy. Heat butter in the microwave or in a small saucepan over medium until bubbly (do not let brown). With blender running, pour in hot butter in a very thin stream, blending until sauce is thick and emulsified. Set aside and keep warm.
- For Poaching Eggs: Fill a small, high-sided skillet with 1 1/2 inches of water and add a splash of vinegar; heat over medium heat until barely simmering. Break remaining eggs into separate cups; pour eggs into water. Cook, basting tops of eggs with the simmering water, until set, 2 to 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer eggs to a paper towel to drain.
- In a large skillet over medium heat with no oil, brown Canadian bacon as per instructions on package (approx. 1-2 minutes per side) set aside, keep warm.
- Steaming Asparagus: Place a steamer basket in a large pot filled with 1 inch of water. Bring to a boil. Add 24 pieces trimmed asparagus, cover, and cook until crisp-tender, 2 to 6 minutes.
- Separate mini potato pancakes into four equal portions. Place each portion in a small mound in the center of the plate. Top with two slices of warm Canadian bacon. Top each slice of Canadian bacon with a poached egg. Top each egg with 1 tbsp of Hollandaise sauce. Arrange 6 steamed thin asparagus spears and two orange slices on plate.