Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole Recipe
- 2 cups of McCain® Breakfast Diced Hashbrowns
- 1 cup of ham, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 whole apple, chopped small
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup grated (4 ounces) Gruyère cheese
- 1/8 cup all purpose flour
- 2 pieces scallions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Lightly butter an 8 inch baking dish. Set aside.
- Preheat two small skillets over medium-high heat and sauté McCain® Breakfast Diced Hashbrowns as per instructions on package, remove from heat and place to the side.
- In separate skillet add ham stirring occasionally until pieces start to brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Add onions and chopped apples, stirring occasionally until onions are slightly brown, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer mixture to a plate and let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs, cream, all purpose flour, ¼ tsp salt and 1/8 tsp ground black pepper. Add cooked McCain® Breakfast Diced Hashbrowns, onion and apple mixture, and ¾ of the Gruyere cheese, mix well.
- Place mixture in baking dish and top with remaining Gruyère cheese.
- Cooked uncovered for 25 mins.
- Remove from oven, garnish with chopped scallions and serve.
Discover more flavours
Rise and shine, there’s a new angle to your weekend breakfast! Lightly seasoned with savoury spices, McCain Triangle Patties have a soft potato interior in a crispy triangular shell. Pair them with your favourite brunch dish or simply enjoy them on their own – there’s no better way to brighten your morning!