Cozy fall weather is perfect for some indoor family time – and what better way to spend a day then with a great craft? Here at McCain, we obviously are pretty passionate about potatoes, and in the spirit of the fall season we thought we’d share another great use for spuds!
What you’ll need:
- Potatoes (we used large russets)
- A pencil
- A sharp knife
- Paper towels
- Paint (you might need to water your paint down in order to get a more “inky” look)
- Paper, fabric or whatever else you feel needs a stamp or two!
- A grown-up
1) Cut your potato in half, (you can make a stamp out of both halves). Dab away excess moisture with a paper towel (this is a good job for your grown-up!)
2) Draw your stamp design onto the potato
3) Carve out your stamp design and dab away excess moisture again (another good job for that grown-up)
4) Dip your stamp in some paint or use a paintbrush to apply paint to the stamp
5) Stamp away! That’s all there is to it
Potato stamps are a perfect way to decorate invitations, decorations, place-settings or anything else you feel could look a little spiffier – so why not give it a try? And while you’re at it, be sure to share your pictures with us on Facebook!