Another day, another dish, another smile.
Supreme Green: Avo-Kale Fries | hot for food
We work as foodtubers and bloggers but I’m sure you’ve guessed that food and cooking is also our passion! So needless to say we’re always in the kitchen together coming up with new ideas and enjoying that time together. But John and I also love Fryday so we wanted to make something extra special for date night that includes some of our favourite ingredients. You and bae can whip up our Avo-Kale Fries quickly for dinner, leaving more time for snuggles and a good movie!
1 bag McCain® Superfries® 5 minute Shoestring
3 C rough chopped kale leaves
1/2 lime, zest and juice
pinch sea salt
2 tbsp finely chopped red onion
2 tbsp roasted sunflower seeds
1 ½ avocados
1 lime, juiced
2 tbsp cilantro
1 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
2 tbsp water
1 tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp ground pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 450 F
2. Prepare the kale by massaging it with the juice and zest of half a lime, and a pinch of sea salt.
3. Bake Superfries according to the instructions on the package.
4. Bake the kale for 4-5 minutes right before the fries are done.
5. Meanwhile prepare the avocado cream by blending avocados, lime juice, cilantro, vegan mayo, water, garlic powder, and ground pepper together until very smooth.
6. To assemble the dish places the Superfries on a large platter, top with crispy kale, red onion, drizzle the avocado cream generously on top, and sprinkle with roasted sunflower seeds. Serve immediately!